Archive for September, 2010
JJ‘s cousin is a ‘popstar’ back in Serbia. Now my life is officially made.
(video via Forty Deuce)
If someone had told me an exact year ago that Rafael Nadal would be winning three slams in a row and completing the Golden Slam at fantastic fashion just about now, my reaction would be something along the lines of ‘Mate, get the fuck off’. From his loss to Soderling in Roland Garros up until the end of the season–not including Davis Cup–, Rafa had gathered 25 wins and 10 losses. That’s a 60% winning percentage. The scary thing was how absolutely devastating some of those losses were. It doesn’t take much to find a Rafa fan that relates last year’s World Tour Finals to nightmares. He lost all three matches without even snagging a set. The knee was looking better but you could see the Spaniard that had always been associated with a bull had no confidence left. Read more »
Guess who’s looking fine as ever on the cover of the Vanity Fair website today? No, not Blake Lively. It’s our own (in our dreams) Maria Kirilenko!
Vanity Fair magazine did a shoot with 31 players who are in the U.S. Open. There’s a quite a nice variety of players: number one seed Caroline Wozniacki, qualifier cutie Ryan Harrison, wheelchair-player Esther Vergeer, twitter favourite Andrea Petkovic, the boring as ever Bryan Brothers, amongst others. You can check out the whole thing here.
Now we have finished the serious part of the post, let’s play a game.
One of these players is photogenic. The other is not. Guess who.
(Suggestion thanks to Kirilicious)
I AM THE WORST BLOGGER IN THE WORLD. SORRY, EVERYONE. I’ll sum up my thoughts on the U.S. Open so far and you guys can, like, be happy this is an ACTUAL POST. (WOW. I’M IN A CAPSLOCK MOOD TODAY.)
- Andrea Petkovic won a tough match. Most importantly: she didn’t choke. Ok, she did, but what matters is she still won. ESPN was rewarded with a blog. It’s wonderful. I want to marry her. I’m afraid I don’t stand a chance. (Or do I? CALL ME, PETKO. 555-I-AM-A-FIERCE-BITCH-BABY)
- Remember the Stella dress I was very excited to see? I’m eager to take a look at the rest of it, like, say, the bit that covers Caroline Wozniacki‘s ass. I bet it’s AMAZING.
- Victoria Azarenka broke my heart. Must be Wednesday.
- Someone is looking like a fierce bitch in all-black, and it ain’t Roger Federer.
- ‘Whine, whine, whine, whine’–my article on Andy Roddick‘s loss.
That’s it, I think. I missed you kids. Did you guys miss me? Don’t answer that.